1) Are you, like me, overcome with with desire to go and lie on the beach with a good book? If not you obviously don’t live in Sydney and have STOLEN OUR SUN. Rack off politely please, we’ll have it back now thanks.
2) It’s seven days into 2016. Feel like you’re skiing backwards through treacle? I’m here for you, cheering you on, so….. Read this from one of Wall Street’s former leading analysts and find the balls to turn a 180 and disrupt yourself.
3) I interviewed a senior economist recently, for a big bank client. Which bank? I couldn’t say. But he says you need to invest outside Australia. Why? “Australian stock markets make up only 2% of the global economy……” “Global markets offer access to the new emerging technologies that will drive growth over the next couple of decades; investors need access to these sorts of companies.” In other words, if you want to retire on the profits made by the nerds who make the smart widgets the people queue all night to buy, you need to look outside our borders as well as inside. Think big. Think global.
4) Talking of which, this week on Facebook, Zuck published his personal project plan for 2016. Luckily it followed an episode of THE GOOD WIFE which dealt with the concepts of Artificial Intelligence and driverless cars and totally meant I could understand what the hell Zuck was on about. For us mere mortals who won’t be building an AI system in our homes, not this year anyway, human contact is becoming even more important in an Artificial Intelligence world. You have to get your message across.
5) Be a HUMAN, don’t be a Who?man. Write irresistible stories for humans to read. BE BOLD and utterly irresistible online, woo your clients with your warmth and repartee. Have them climbing down the email or stalking your website with their credit cards, wanting to HUG you. Don’t know how? Let me know.
Ok that’s it for now, I’m off to roast a leg of lamb on the BBQ with, garlic, rosemary and lemon, decorated with pomegranate, watermelon and feta salad, bulked up with focaccia and watered down with a glass or two of Tasmanian Arras.
Bring it on.
See ya. Sara x
Disclaimer: you know this all all just conjecture and opinion don’t you? You won’t be silly enough to buy chocolate brownie futures, nerd.com or make any other profound investment decisions based on my hilarious commentary will you? Go find someone who’s paid to give good advice if you want to be sure. Ok? Or ask me who can help you and I’ll find you someone. Relax Ursula ** my legal eagle, as you were.